- the festival — cinema, galleries, work-spaces, and offices;
- the Reitman's — who donated the land for the project;
- and Daniels — residential/commercial developer and builder.
Urban Toronto's coverage on the building: Lightbox took centre-stage, exploration continues inside, and a swing of the exterior — including some articles on the residential component called Festival Tower:
While we haven't been able to tour the residential amenities yet, we did get a chance to tour a couple finished suites at Festival Tower (occupancy commences next month) — and take quick snapshots of some features and finishes!
See you at the next fest!
- the elevators inside Festival Tower are quite quick — P5 to 46 at less than one second per floor! ...also, each apartment has it's own heat-pump — residents can switch between heating and cooling year-round...
- the UrbanToronto.ca forum have posted snapshots of suite interiors at Festival Tower
- want to live at Festival Tower? – or near the new Lightbox centre? – See Condos on the Market Yonge to Bathurst south of Bloor (UPDATED Nov.5/2010 by Allison Harness at the Toronto Star), for prices & locations of all new residential buildings in the neighbourhood.
CONTINUED in part two: Above Lightbox: Festival Tower, pt.2.